15-Step Pre-Service Checklist
Before we arrive at your home to service your heating and cooling system, take a moment to make sure you’re prepared for the appointment. That way, you can ensure that we have all of the information we need, and can get directly to work getting your system into top-performing condition.
Here are a few things to do in preparation for your service appointment:
- Know where all of the units in your heating and cooling system are located.
- If desired, perform basic troubleshooting tactics.
- Check your air filter(s). A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
- If able, have your equipment documentation available for the technician.
- Be ready to explain clearly what symptoms or problems you’ve had.
- Know how long ago your problem began. Has the problem gotten worse over time? Has the electric bill been rising?
- Make sure the system(s) is accessible by us. If there is something blocking any of your systems, please move it to allow access for the technician.
- Please put pets in a separate room so they are not afraid when the technician is providing service.
- Make sure there’s an adult (18 or over) home to legally allow entry to your home and can provide authorization for repairs. Or, please be available by phone to speak with a technician about the repairs, authorization, and payment.
- Please be prepared to answer the phone. Our technicians will call to confirm the appointment on their way.
- If you rent your home, make sure you have your landlord’s permission to have your system serviced. We can not provide any service without the property owner’s consent
- The property owner will also need to be available by phone or in person to authorize any repairs.
- If your heat pump or air conditioner is frozen, shut it off for at least six hours before our technician arrives so it’s thawed and ready for service.
- If possible, make available a file containing information on all prior services performed on your system.
- Please be prepared to make a payment when services are rendered.Of course, Don’t sweat it, Help Is On The Way!!!