Frozen dog treats are great summer snacks that required very litte work. Frozen Chicken or Vegetable Cupcakes sound complicated, but they are so simple to make. No chickens required, so don’t go chasing a chicken out in the yard just yet! You’ll need chicken or vegetable stock and whatever yummy bits you want to freeze for your dog treat.
Here’s the trick: don’t use an ice cube tray to freeze your treats, use a cupcake tray with liners. When you want to serve them, just pull one out of the freezer and let it thaw a little to release the liner. For little guys, use mini cupcake liners!
What You’ll Need
- 4 cups of stock, makes 18 mini cupcakes or 10 regular cupcakes
- 1 cup of finely diced carrots or cooked sweet potatoes
- Many colorful cupcake liners
- Turn off the oven!
- Sprinkle the diced veggie bits evenly into the cupcakes
- Pour stock into liners to about 7/8 full
- Tip: make sure you don’t over fill the cupcakes, since they will expand during freezing
- Place into freezer and wait a few hours. That’s it!
You can easily store them a ziplock bag.